Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #19

I just explored Lulu.com. This is a self publishing site for books, cd's, dvd's, calendars, cookbooks, and photo books. When I searched what it would cost to bind one 100 page paper back book it was only $5.30. I am shocked. I thought it would be much more expensive than that. I can see using this at school for a collection of essays. The art teachers could use this site to publish a book of student art work, perhaps a coffee table book. These could be sold for a fundraiser for the art department. There would be many uses for this site. Personally, I am thinking of using this to create a cookbook for family Christmas presents. My grandmother is 92 years old and recently moved into an assisted living community. My mother received her entire recipe box full of all of the family recipes that we have enjoyed over the years. I just love that I learned something new that can pay tribute to one of the best cooks that I have ever known!

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be a great idea to publish your grandmother's recipes. Then everyone in the family can enjoy having them. Also the kids will love having their own book published.

    ReplyDelete